Thursday, November 19, 2009

"That's Why We Don't Eat Animals" children's book by Ruby Roth


My little nephews often ask me why I'm a vegan and I don't know how to tell them without horrifying them. I saw this book yesterday and thought it was a great idea for a book. I bought it and plan to show it to my nephews next time they ask me about veganism. Wish I had this book when I was a kid!

A little writeup about the book:

"That's Why We Don't Eat Animals takes a candid, compassionate look at the emotional lives of animals and their plight on factory farms. A colorful cast of pigs, turkeys, cows and many other animals introduce vegetarianism and veganism to early readers.

These Endearing animals are shown both in their natural state--bonding, nuzzling, cuddling, and charming each other with their family instincts and rituals--and in the sad conditions of factory farms. The book shows the effect that eating animals has on our environment, rainforests, and endangered species, but also suggests steps children can take to learn more about the vegetarian and vegan lifestyles.

This heartfelt work is a key resource for parents who want to talk to their children about this timely and important issue."

No comments:

Post a Comment